Cowboys reportedly benching Ben DiNucci for Week 9
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Ben DiNucci will not start Week 9 against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, reports Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
The Cowboys will turn to either Garrett Gilbert or Cooper Rush with Andy Dalton (concussion, COVID-19) still unavailable. DiNucci appeared completely overmatched in his starting debut on Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles. The seventh-round rookie completed 21-of-40 passes for 180 yards and lost a pair of fumbles. Unfortunately, there isn't much reason to think that Gilbert or Rush will be much better.
DiNucci ranks last in Passing Net Expected Points per dropback out of every quarterback to make a start this season. The Steelers are allowing 17.0 FanDuel points per game to opposing quarterbacks this year and have the No. 10 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Jets' Tevin Coleman (illness) out for Week 3's matchup against Denver September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper has bruised ribs September 20th, 2021
- Tony Pollard splits Cowboys carries, rushes for 109 yards with touchdown September 20th, 2021
- CeeDee Lamb paces Cowboys with 8 catches, 81 yards September 20th, 2021