Aaron Jones (calf) limited on Packers practice estimate
Green Bay Packers running back Aaron Jones (calf) was listed as limited on the practice estimate for Tuesday's walk-through for Thursday night's Week 9 game against the San Francisco 49ers.
The Packers are reportedly pessimistic about Jones playing but Tuesday's designation at least leaves open the possibility of him returning from a two-game absence. Jamaal Williams and A.J. Dillon are both on the COVID-19 list, so Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams may be the only healthy running backs available. Ervin has 10 touches this season while Williams recorded 5 carries in four games last year for Green Bay.
The 49ers have allowed the fourth-fewest rushing yards (523) and second-fewest touchdowns (3) to running backs this season. They have also been the best unit against running backs in terms of FanDuel points (15.7 per game). San Francisco ranks 4th against the run in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Packers' Za'Darius Smith (back) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Saints August 22nd, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers not looking for a "farewell tour" in potential final season with Green Bay August 18th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (hamstring) returns to practice Monday August 16th, 2021
- Packers' Jordan Love dealing with shoulder injury August 15th, 2021
- Pelissero: Packers working on acquiring Randall Cobb from Texans July 27th, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers officially arrives at Packers camp July 27th, 2021