49ers waive Dante Pettis
The San Francisco 49ers waived wide receiver Dante Pettis on Tuesday after failing to trade him, according to The Athletic's Matt Barrows.
Pettis, a second-round draft pick by the 49ers back in 2018, was never able to follow up on his impressive finish to his rookie season and his time in San Francisco has come to an end. The 49ers reportedly tried to trade him but were unable to do so before the deadline. Pettis' release, considering the current state of the 49ers passing attack, tells you all you need to know about their opinion of the former 44th overall pick. Pettis is likely to be claimed by a team with a need at wide receiver, the New England Patriots come to mind.
Pettis will finish his time as a 49er with 38 receptions on 70 targets (54.3%) for 576 yards (15.2 per reception) and 7 touchdowns.
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) ruled out for Giants on Thursday September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) progressing for Giants September 14th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) limited again for Giants September 14th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) not practicing Monday September 13th, 2021
- New York's Saquon Barkley (knee) limited during Monday's practice September 13th, 2021