Packers' Tyler Ervin expected to see bulk of carries Thursday
Green Bay Packers running back Tyler Ervin is expected to get "the bulk" of the team's rushing workload Thursday night against the San Francisco 49ers, per Peter Schrager of FoxSports.com.
Schrager is presuming that Aaron Jones (calf) will be ruled out again. Ervin has rushed 4 times for 43 yards and caught 6 passes (9 targets) for 33 yards in five games this season. His 7.6 yards per touch would be best in the NFL this season among qualified backs. The Packers activated Dexter Williams from the practice squad to likely be Ervin's backup Thursday night.
The 49ers have allowed the fourth-fewest rushing yards (523) and second-fewest touchdowns (3) to running backs this season. They have also been the best unit against running backs in terms of FanDuel points (15.7 per game) and have the fourth-best rush defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Packers' Robert Tonyan scores first touchdown September 21st, 2021
- Green Bay uses A.J. Dillon sparingly in win September 21st, 2021
- Davante Adams paces Packers in victory September 21st, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers rebounds with 4 touchdowns as Packers roll September 21st, 2021
- Aaron Jones scores 4 times in Packers win September 21st, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021