Aaron Jones winds up with 20 touches as Packers pound 49ers
Green Bay Packers running back rushed 15 times for 58 yards and caught 5 passes (5 targets) for 21 yards in a 34-17, Week 9 win over the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday night.
The assumption before the game was that Jones was only active in case of an emergency since the Packers had Jamaal Williams and A.J. Dillon on the reserve/COVID-19 list. He wound up starting while Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams combined for just 14 touches. Jones even tied for the second-most targets on the team behind Davante Adams. He will have a few extra days to rest before a Week 10 matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Jones scored 10.4 FanDuel points on Thursday. He is averaging the fifth-most FanDuel points per game (19.4) among running backs this season. Jones should be able to feast in Week 10 against a Jaguars team that has the third-worst rushing defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Packers lock up Aaron Jones with 4-year contract March 14th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (chest) questionable to return to NFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Packers' AJ Dillon (quadricep) limited in practice Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Packers' Marcedes Lewis (knee) doesn't practice on Wednesday January 13th, 2021
- Green Bay's Jamaal Williams (quad) not listed on Week 17's injury report January 1st, 2021