Aaron Jones winds up with 20 touches as Packers pound 49ers
Green Bay Packers running back rushed 15 times for 58 yards and caught 5 passes (5 targets) for 21 yards in a 34-17, Week 9 win over the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday night.
The assumption before the game was that Jones was only active in case of an emergency since the Packers had Jamaal Williams and A.J. Dillon on the reserve/COVID-19 list. He wound up starting while Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams combined for just 14 touches. Jones even tied for the second-most targets on the team behind Davante Adams. He will have a few extra days to rest before a Week 10 matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Jones scored 10.4 FanDuel points on Thursday. He is averaging the fifth-most FanDuel points per game (19.4) among running backs this season. Jones should be able to feast in Week 10 against a Jaguars team that has the third-worst rushing defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Texans place Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) on injured reserve September 21st, 2021
- Browns place Jarvis Landry (knee) on IR September 21st, 2021
- T.J. Hockenson leads Lions, scores again September 21st, 2021
- Lions' Amon-Ra St. Brown records 18 yards September 21st, 2021
- Lions' Quintez Cephus scores early in loss September 21st, 2021
- Packers' Robert Tonyan scores first touchdown September 21st, 2021
- Green Bay uses A.J. Dillon sparingly in win September 21st, 2021
- Davante Adams paces Packers in victory September 21st, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers rebounds with 4 touchdowns as Packers roll September 21st, 2021
- Aaron Jones scores 4 times in Packers win September 21st, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021