Browns place Baker Mayfield on reserve/COVID-19 list
The Cleveland Browns placed quarterback Baker Mayfield on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
In their official statement, the Browns stated that a staff member tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and that after contact tracing, the team determined which other staff members and players would have to quarantine. The Browns are on bye this week so they should hopefully be able to limit the possible spread of the virus.
It's unclear whether or not Mayfield has actually contracted the virus or has been told to quarantine, but we'll find out more as the week progresses and as the team reconvenes Monday. If Mayfield is unable to go for Week 10, Case Keenum would be the expected starter.
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Odell Beckham (ACL) reportedly cleared for Browns camp July 27th, 2021
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Nick Chubb, Browns negotiating extension June 21st, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) active Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021