Dolphins place Preston Williams (foot) on injured reserve
The Miami Dolphins placed wide receiver Preston Williams on injured reserve, head coach Brian Flores announced.
Williams will miss a minimum of three games as a result of being placed on IR, but Flores said he didn't want to speculate on how long his receiver will be out. Williams was carted to the locker room during the Dolphins' Week 9 game against the Arizona Cardinals after catching 4 passes on 5 targets for 60 yards and a touchdown. DeVante Parker, Jakeem Grant, and Mike Gesicki could all see more volume with Williams sidelined. The Dolphins may also opt to add Antonio Callaway to the active roster ahead of Sunday's Week 10 matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers.
Williams led the Dolphins with 10 targets and 75 yards across Tua Tagovailoa's two starts. He also recorded the highest average depth of target (12.9 yards) among any Dolphins receiver with multiple targets. The Chargers have the No. 11 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins working on down-field aggressiveness in practice June 23rd, 2021
- DeVante Parker "moving around" in the Dolphins' formation June 7th, 2021
- Miami's Jaylen Waddle a "quick learner" June 7th, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "throwing with more zip" than last season June 7th, 2021
- Miguel Rojas sitting Monday for Miami May 10th, 2021