Dolphins could promote Antonio Callaway this week
The Miami Dolphins could promote wide receiver Antonio Callaway from the practice squad this week, writes ESPN.com's Cameron Wolfe.
The Dolphins may look to add some depth after placing Preston Williams (foot) on injured reserve. Callaway was activated off the suspension list after serving a 14-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy multiple times. He caught 8 passes on 15 targets for 89 scoreless yards in four games with the Cleveland Browns last season after recording 43 receptions (79 targets) for 586 yards and 5 touchdowns as a rookie. The Dolphins' current receivers behind DeVante Parker consist of Jakeem Grant, Mack Hollins, Lynn Bowden, and Malcolm Perry, so Callaway could wind up with a relevant role in the offense.
Among the 83 receivers with at least 90 targets between 2018 and 2019, Callaway owns the ninth-worst catch percentage (54.3) and ranks 66th in yards per target (7.2). He does check in at 37th in yards per catch (13.2) among that group in that span.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Patrick Mahomes (toe) "feeling great" ahead of Chiefs' training camp July 10th, 2021
- Palmer: Chiefs could use two-tight end formations often in 2021 June 23rd, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021