Devonta Freeman (ankle) getting in limited reps for Giants
New York Giants running back Devonta Freeman (ankle) was listed as a limited participant on Wednesday's injury report for Week 10 versus the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.
Freeman returned to practice last week but was held out on gameday. He seems more likely to play versus the Eagles on Sunday. Wayne Gallman has been leading the Giants' backfield with Freeman unavailable and may have earned a larger role moving forward. The Giants sent Alfred Morris back to the practice squad on Monday.
Freeman was averaging 18.3 opportunities per game as the Giants' lead back prior to injury. He ranks 41st out of 50 running backs with at least 50 carries this season in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry while Gallman ranks 27th. The Eagles' rush defense is 15th, per numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Kansas City's Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) DNP on Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Jared Goff (thumb) not listed on Rams' Divisional playoff injury report January 14th, 2021
- Rams' John Wolford (neck) ruled out for Saturday's playoff matchup against Green Bay January 14th, 2021
- Rams list Cooper Kupp (knee) as questionable for Saturday's Divisional playoff contest against Packers January 14th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) remains sidelined on Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020