Eagles designate Zach Ertz (ankle) to return
The Philadelphia Eagles designated tight end Zach Ertz (ankle) to return from injured reserve.
The Eagles haven't indicated whether Ertz will be available for Week 11 against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. The team has 21 days to add Ertz back to the active roster or rule him out for the rest of the season. Richard Rodgers figures to lose most of his playing time once Ertz is available again but Dallas Goedert should maintain consistent snaps as the Eagles prefer two-tight end sets. DeSean Jackson (ankle) is still on injured reserve but the Eagles' pass-catchers are about as healthy as they've been all season.
Ertz averaged 7.5 targets in six games prior to injury but he only managed 29.7 yards per contest. He averaged over 55.0 yards per game each of the previous five seasons. His 4.0 yards per target is last in the league this season among players with at least 45 targets.
- D'Andre Swift (groin) officially questionable for Monday night September 19th, 2021
- Colts "confident" Parris Campbell (abdomen) will play in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) expected to play Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- D'Wayne Eskridge (concussion) doubtful for Seahawks Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring/rest) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Frank: Philadelphia's Kenneth Gainwell reportedly 'going to play a lot this year' August 28th, 2021