Jets place Brian Poole on injured reserve
The New York Jets placed defensive back Brian Poole on injured reserve.
Poole has been one of the lone bright spots on the Jets this season but now he's going to be forced to miss at least three games. He has played the second-most snaps among the team's corners behind Pierre Desir, who the Jets released on Tuesday. Poole's absence is an upgrade for any quarterback the Jets attempt to defend while he's out. They face the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 11, followed by the Miami Dolphins and Las Vegas Raiders.
Poole has earned the No. 9 defensive grade and No. 12 coverage grade from Pro Football Focus among corners with at least 100 defensive snaps this season.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Saints' Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) placed on injured reserve September 10th, 2021
- Saints' Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Saints release Latavius Murray September 7th, 2021
- Michael Thomas (ankle) landing on Saints PUP list August 31st, 2021
- Jameis Winston reportedly named Saints' starter August 27th, 2021
- Saints' Adam Trautman's leg injury reportedly expected to be minor August 24th, 2021