Denzel Ward out for Browns multiple weeks with calf strain
Cleveland Browns defensive back Denzel Ward (calf) is expected to miss a few weeks of game action, according to multiple reports.
Ward played every defensive snap of the Browns' Week 11 win over the Philadelphia Eagles but he may have injured his calf in the process. Based on reports, Ward is expected to miss around 2-4 weeks. The Browns will be without a pair of Pro Bowlers in Ward and Myles Garrett (COVID-19) against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 12. That should be a boost for D.J. Chark if Jake Luton can take advantage.
Per Pro Football Focus, Ward is 14th overall (75.5 grade) and 10th in coverage (78.8) among cornerbacks with 100-plus snaps this season. The Browns D/ST is 6th in numberFire's Week 12 fantasy rankings. They rank 18th this season in opponent completion percentage (66.2) and 22nd in opponent passing touchdown percentage (64.5).
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) practicing in full for Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Browns place Jarvis Landry (knee) on IR September 21st, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (knee) will not return against Texans September 19th, 2021
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (knee) questionable to return against Houston in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Anthony Schwartz (knee) limited again for Browns Thursday September 16th, 2021