Denzel Ward out for Browns multiple weeks with calf strain
Cleveland Browns defensive back Denzel Ward (calf) is expected to miss a few weeks of game action, according to multiple reports.
Ward played every defensive snap of the Browns' Week 11 win over the Philadelphia Eagles but he may have injured his calf in the process. Based on reports, Ward is expected to miss around 2-4 weeks. The Browns will be without a pair of Pro Bowlers in Ward and Myles Garrett (COVID-19) against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 12. That should be a boost for D.J. Chark if Jake Luton can take advantage.
Per Pro Football Focus, Ward is 14th overall (75.5 grade) and 10th in coverage (78.8) among cornerbacks with 100-plus snaps this season. The Browns D/ST is 6th in numberFire's Week 12 fantasy rankings. They rank 18th this season in opponent completion percentage (66.2) and 22nd in opponent passing touchdown percentage (64.5).
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad, finger) active for Sunday's showdown with Saints January 17th, 2021
- Update: Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes (concussion) will not return against Browns January 17th, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (head/neck) headed to the locker room, Chad Henne now under center January 17th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) active Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) doesn't practice on Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Denzel Ward activated for Browns ahead of Divisional Round January 13th, 2021
- Browns' Jack Conklin (hamstring) considered day-to-day January 11th, 2021