Mike Glennon taking over for Jake Luton as Jaguars' starting quarterback Week 12 versus Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Mike Glennon will start Week 12 against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.
Glennon will take over for Jake Luton after Luton threw four interceptions with 151 yards and no touchdowns in a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers last week. Glennon's last start came in 2017 with the Chicago Bears before he was benched for Mitchell Trubisky. Interestingly enough, Trubisky was benched this year for Nick Foles, who was benched last year for Gardner Minshew, who is expected to reclaim the job from Glennon when he returns from his finger injury. Glennon could actually be a potential upgrade for the Jaguars' receivers considering how poorly Luton played. The Browns are also going to be without Denzel Ward (calf) on Sunday.
Glennon has just three 300-yard games over 22 career starts, although one came during his four-game run with the Bears in 2017. His average depth of target that year (6.8 yards) was more than a yard shorter than what Minshew (8.4) and Luton (8.4) have both averaged this season. The Browns are allowing the 11th-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position.
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) ruled out again for Browns in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) ruled out for Giants on Thursday September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) progressing for Giants September 14th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) limited again for Giants September 14th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) not practicing Monday September 13th, 2021
- New York's Saquon Barkley (knee) limited during Monday's practice September 13th, 2021