Zach Ertz (ankle) 'trending in right direction' for Eagles
Philadelphia Eagles tight end Zach Ertz (ankle, injured reserve) is "trending in the right direction" to play in Week 12 against the Seattle Seahawks, per head coach Doug Pederson.
Ertz hasn't been on the field since Week 6. The Eagles play on Monday night this week, so Ertz will have an extra day to get cleared. The Eagles run a ton of two-tight end personnel, so Ertz's return may not be as bad as it seems for Dallas Goedert's fantasy value. Goedert actually led the Eagles with 17 targets over the first two games while sharing the field with Ertz before suffering an injury. Pederson also praised Richard Rodgers and even said the Eagles could use all three tight ends on the field at once.
Ertz averaged 7.5 targets in six games prior to injury but he only managed 29.7 yards per contest. His 4.0 yards per target is last in the league this season among all tight ends with at least 20 targets. That being said, Ertz is still a top-10 tight end in numberFire's Week 12 fantasy rankings due to the lack of viable options at the position and Seattle's porous secondary.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper has bruised ribs September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Eagles place Zach Ertz on COVID-19 reserve list September 20th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021