Drew Lock, Broncos’ quarterbacks reportedly ineligible to play Sunday versus Saints due to high risk
All of the quarterbacks on the Denver Broncos will not be eligible to play this Sunday in the team's game against the New Orleans Saints, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Backup signal caller Jeff Driskel was placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list after testing positive, and as a result, the three remaining quarterbacks within the franchise were all pulled from Saturday's practice due to their close contact. Now, none will be able to suit up in Sunday's game, which for the moment is still on, according to Mike Klis of NBC Denver. He also speculates that running back Royce Freeman would likely operate as the emergency quarterback, and fellow rushers Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay could see extended time in the Wildcat Formation. Keep an eye out for any updates on this situation - the NFL could end up postponing the game if needed.
The Saints currently rank 10th in numberFire's adjusted net expected points allowed per play statistic, and that number jumps to 8th on just passing plays.
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- K.J. Hamler joining Broncos' three-wide sets September 14th, 2021
- Broncos place Jerry Jeudy (ankle) on injured reserve September 14th, 2021
- Broncos veterans impressed by "great day" from Teddy Bridgewater September 13th, 2021
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) sidelined 4 to 6 weeks September 13th, 2021