George Kittle (foot) return uncertain for 49ers
San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle (foot) is uncertain to return this season, per comments from head coach Kyle Shanahan.
“I’m holding out hope for ... the last couple of weeks. They’re just starting to get into where they get on the field and not with us but on their own to do some stuff,” Shanahan said of Kittle and Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle). Kittle was given an eight-week timeline after going down a month ago, though he believed at the time he would return sooner. He will not practice this week or play in the 49ers' Week 13 game against the Buffalo Bills, but it's at least within the realm of possibility that Kittle makes it back on the field this season. Jordan Reed and Ross Dwelley have been splitting tight end responsibilities for San Francisco.
Kittle is averaging the second-most FanDuel points (13.3) among all tight ends. Reed ran 25 pass routes and caught 2 passes on 6 targets for 18 yards in Week 12 against the Los Angeles Rams. Dwelley ran 10 routes and drew 3 targets, catching one for three yards. The Bills are allowing the sixth-most FanDuel points per game to the tight end position this season.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) not participating in minicamp June 13th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020