Texans' Jordan Akins could see more work out of the slot in Week 13
Houston Texans tight end Jordan Akins could be in line for more snaps out of the slot, according to The Athletic's Aaron Reiss.
Akins could become more involved in the passing game moving forward after the Texans lost several wide receivers over the past ten days. With Will Fuller suspended, Randall Cobb (toe) on injured reserve, and Kenny Stills released, the Texans will turn to Keke Coutee, Jordan Akins, and rookie Isaiah Coulter. Our models expect Akins to see 5.0 against the Indianapolis Colts in Week 13.
Akins' Week 13 projection includes 4.0 receptions, 46.8 yards, 0.34 touchdowns, and 8.7 FanDuel points against the Colts.
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Texans place Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) on injured reserve September 21st, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) could miss four games September 20th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Davis Mills in for Tyrod Taylor in Week 2 September 19th, 2021