Panthers also putting Curtis Samuel on COVID-19 list
The Carolina Panthers placed wide receiver Curtis Samuel on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.
Samuel joins D.J. Moore on the list. It's not clear if they tested positive themselves or have been deemed close contacts, but it creates doubt about their statuses for Week 14 against the Denver Broncos. Robby Anderson would be the only Panthers' receiver with extended NFL experience if Samuel and Moore are both unavailable. That could lead to the Panthers' backfield being more involved as pass-catchers. Ian Thomas could also see additional opportunities if Carolina is short-handed.
Samuel's 16.2 percent target share is third on the Panthers behind Anderson (26.2) and Moore (22.8). He's also averaging 2.5 carries per contest. The Broncos are allowing the 12th-fewest FanDuel points per game to the wide receiver position this season.
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) questionable for Week 2's matchup against Rams September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) active for Football Team Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) upgraded for Football Team September 14th, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) "limited" Monday September 13th, 2021
- Washington's Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) expected to miss 6-8 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) lands on Football Team injured reserve September 13th, 2021
- Washington confirms Taylor Heinicke as Thursday starter September 13th, 2021