Bears' Buster Skrine (concussion) ruled out of Week 14's game against Texans
Chicago Bears defensive back Buster Skrine (concussion) has been ruled out of Week 14's game against the Houston Texans.
Skrine has been a consistent starter for Chicago all season, recording at least 40 snaps in all of the Bears' games to this point. 506 of his 636 snaps have come in the slot, where he was scheduled to match up against Houston's Keke Coutee this week. His absence will be primarily felt in the run game, where he has graded out as Pro Football Focus' second-best corner in the league this season. In coverage, he has been average at best, grading out at 167th.
The Bears are 1.5-point underdogs against the Texans in Week 14. Their implied team total of 22.0 points is the eighth-lowest team total on Sunday's main slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Bears considering entire quarterback depth chart for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) active for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Bears' Andy Dalton (knee) could miss an additional "week or two" September 26th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021