Julian Edelman (knee, IR) 'day-to-day' for Patriots
New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman (knee, injured reserve) is "day to day," per head coach Bill Belichick.
"Julian, I'd put him in the 'day-to-day' category," Belichick said. "But when he's ready, we'll start him. If he's not ready, then he'll keep working and we'll wait until he's ready." Edelman underwent knee surgery and was placed on IR in late October. The veteran receiver averaged 7.2 targets over the first month of the season, but he will likely have a reduced role upon return.
In four games since N'Keal Harry returned to the Patriots' lineup, Damiere Byrd has led the offense with a 26.4 percent target share. Jakobi Meyers is second (20.9) and Harry is third (17.6 percent). The Patriots face a Miami Dolphins defense in Week 15 that ranks 20th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the wide receiver position this season.
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021