Jets designate La'Mical Perine (ankle) to return
The New York Jets designated running back La'Mical Perine (ankle) to return from injured reserve.
Perine sustained a high-ankle sprain against the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 11 and was placed on injured reserve on November 24. He handled eight touches in each of his last two contests. It's unclear whether Perine will be activated for Sunday's Week 15 game against the Los Angeles Rams. The fourth-round rookie will likely join Frank Gore, Ty Johnson, and Josh Adams in some sort of committee.
Perine played in nine games for the Jets this season and has 55 carries for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns, plus 10 catches (13 targets) for 49 yards. The Rams are allowing the third-fewest FanDuel points per game to the running back position this season.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021
- Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks September 13th, 2021