Julian Edelman (knee) returns to Patriots practice
The New England Patriots designated wide receiver Julian Edelman (knee) to return from injured reserve.
Edelman practiced on Wednesday for the first time since landing on injured reserve after Week 7. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick called Edelman "day-to-day," so the veteran wideout may be able to return for Sunday's matchup against the Miami Dolphins. Edelman averaged 7.2 targets over the first month of the season but will likely have a reduced role down the stretch.
In four games since N'Keal Harry returned to the Patriots' lineup, Damiere Byrd has led the offense with a 26.4 percent target share. Jakobi Meyers is second (20.9) and Harry is third (17.6 percent). The Patriots face a Miami Dolphins defense in Week 15 that ranks 20th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the wide receiver position this season.
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk playing time on rise September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Patriots' James White (hip) carted off field Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021