Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) limited for Miami again
Miami Dolphins running back Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) practiced on a limited basis Thursday.
Ahmed is progressing toward a return after missing the last two games. The Dolphins activated Matt Breida from the reserve/COVID-19 list, so they may be getting two of their backs back for Sunday's Week 15 matchup against the New England Patriots. The Dolphins may wind up using a three-way committee between Ahmed, Breida, and DeAndre Washington if they all are active. Myles Gaskin, meanwhile, is expected to remain on the COVID-19 list through Week 15.
The Dolphins' backfield will be matched up with a Patriots defense that ranks 14th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position and 24th in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted defensive rankings. Ahmed ranks 47th in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry out of 88 backs with at least 25 carries this season.
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Preston Williams inactive for Dolphins in Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Jacoby Brissett officially named Dolphins Week 3 starter September 22nd, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) back at Dolphins practice September 22nd, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) ruled out for Dolphins versus Raiders in Week 3 September 22nd, 2021