Darius Slay (concussion) returns to Eagles' practice
Philadelphia Eagles defensive back Darius Slay (concussion) returned to practice on Thursday.
Slay was a limited participant after sitting out Wednesday's session. He suffered a concussion during last week's win over the New Orleans Saints. Fellow defensive backs Rodney McLeod (ACL) and Avonte Maddox (knee) are not expected to play in Sunday's Week 15 game against the Arizona Cardinals. Slay has struggled this year, so DeAndre Hopkins is set up for a potentially huge day whether he's matched up against the Eagles' starter or one of their backups.
Slay is the No. 72 cover corner on Pro Football Focus out of 154 defensive backs with at least 100 snaps this season. He has allowed a top-third rate in targets per coverage snaps (17 percent) among Week 15 starting cornerbacks, a top-20 catch rate when targeted (76 percent), and a top-five mark in yards per coverage snap (1.7).
- Schefter: Colts looking to move Marlon Mack September 28th, 2021
- Titans: Julio Jones limited snaps due to tightness September 28th, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dalton Schultz scores twice in victory September 28th, 2021
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Miles Sanders touches ball five times in Eagles loss September 28th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Eagles place Zach Ertz on COVID-19 reserve list September 20th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021