49ers' Raheem Mostert (ankle) placed on injured reserve, out for the season
San Francisco 49ers running back Raheem Mostert (ankle) is set to be placed on injured reserve, ending his 2020 season.
Mostert suffered another high-ankle sprain in Week 15's loss to the Dallas Cowboys. The injury was to the same ankle that Mostert hurt earlier in the season, and he has been placed on injured reserve. Jeff Wilson is reportedly also dealing with an ankle injury, which could leave the 49ers with just Jerick McKinnon and Tevin Coleman for Week 16's game against the Arizona Cardinals. If Wilson is available, he would likely lead the 49ers' backfield in touches in Week 16.
The 49ers are 4.5-point underdogs against the Cardinals in Week 16. Their implied team total of 22.0 points is tied for the lowest team total on Saturday's three-game slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Buccaneers prefer Leonard Fournette in blitz pickup September 22nd, 2021
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) questionable to return Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Trey Sermon officially active for 49ers in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021