49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad
The San Francisco 49ers signed Josh Rosen to their active roster from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad on Tuesday.
Rosen, a former first round pick, will fill in as the 49ers backup for Week 16's game against the Arizona Cardinals. With Nick Mullens (elbow) and Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) both sidelined, the 49ers were rumored to be in the market for a backup for Week 16, and they have now made their move. Rosen is expected to be an emergency option only, with C.J. Beathard getting the start against the Cardinals.
Beathard's Week 16 projection includes 119.5 passing yards, 0.7 touchdowns, 0.5 interceptions, and 7.2 FanDuel points.
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts playing in slot, out wide for Falcons September 13th, 2021
- Cordarrelle Patterson listed as Falcons' No. 2 running back September 7th, 2021
- Falcons sign Wayne Gallman, release Qadree Ollison September 2nd, 2021
- Falcons utilizing Kyle Pitts to find exploitable matchups August 27th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts receiving praise at Falcons' joint practices August 19th, 2021
- Mike Davis expected to be Falcons' feature back August 13th, 2021