Gardner Minshew may not start for Jaguars Week 16
Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone wouldn't name a starting quarterback for Week 16 against the Chicago Bears.
The Jaguars are having a quarterback competition with two games left to play. Gardner Minshew and Mike Glennon are splitting reps in practice, and whoever has the better week will start versus the Bears. Minshew completed 22-of-29 passes for 226 yards and 2 touchdowns in the Jaguars' 40-14, Week 15 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Mike Glennon was benched in the third quarter of the previous game. The Jaguars haven't had anyone reach 70 receiving yards since Week 12.
Minshew is adding 0.11 Passing Net Expected Points per attempt this season, compared to 0.01 from Glennon. The Bears rank 11th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the quarterback position this season.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Eagles place Zach Ertz on COVID-19 reserve list September 20th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021