James Robinson (ankle) expects to play for Jaguars versus Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson (ankle) told head coach Doug Marrone that he feels like he will play in Sunday's Week 16 game against the Chicago Bears.
Marrone says the Jaguars will play it safe with Robinson at practice this week after he suffered an ankle injury in Week 15 against the Baltimore Ravens. The undrafted rookie was limited in practice last week by a knee issue, so his body may be wearing down after racking up 289 touches (third-most in the league this season) over his first 14 games. Devine Ozigbo would likely fill in as the Jaguars' primary runner if Robinson is unavailable, but Dare Ogunbowale would probably see most of the pass-catching work. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Jaguars are currently 7.5-point underdogs versus the Bears.
The Bears rank 10th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position this season and have the ninth-best run defense in numberFire's efficiency rankings. Robinson has a salary of $6,800 on FanDuel's Week 16 slate.
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Rams holding Darrell Henderson out with rib injury September 23rd, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) absent for Vikings again September 23rd, 2021
- Trey Sermon (concussion) in non-contact jersey again for 49ers September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (shoulder) logs full practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021
- Travis Etienne (foot) questionable to return to Jags' Monday night game August 23rd, 2021