Vikings' Alexander Mattison (concussion) doesn't practice Wednesday
Minnesota Vikings running back Alexander Mattison did not participate in Wednesday's practice.
Mattison suffered a concussion in the team's Week 15 loss to the Chicago Bears. This comes on the heels of a two-game absence due to an appendectomy - the 22-year-old just cannot catch a break. It seems increasingly unlikely he'll be good to go for Friday's Christmas Day game against the New Orleans Saints. Assuming he's held out, Mike Boone and Ameer Abdullah would handle the work behind Dalvin Cook.
The Saints currently rank 8th in the NFL in adjusted net expected points allowed per run play.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- K.J. Osborn leads Vikings receivers in loss September 20th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) likely out for year September 1st, 2021
- Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets August 31st, 2021
- Minnesota's Tyler Conklin (hamstring) practicing on Monday August 30th, 2021
- Vikings' Tyler Conklin (hamstring) expected back this week August 30th, 2021
- Minnesota's Irv Smith (meniscus) reportedly expected to miss start of regular season August 29th, 2021