Chase Daniel in at quarterback for Lions; Matthew Stafford (foot) in locker room
Detroit Lions backup quarterback Chase Daniel has entered Saturday's Week 16 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in place of Matthew Stafford (foot), who left early in the first quarter.
It's unclear whether or not Stafford will return as of this writing, but he appeared unable to put any pressure on his foot as he hobbled to the locker room. Daniel will take over the team's quarterbacking duties as long as Stafford remains sidelined.
The Lions' banged up offensive line has so-far been completely unable to protect their quarterbacks in Week 16, but Daniel will do his best to rally a team that has already fallen behind by 13 points with over 4 minutes remaining in the first quarter.
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Texans place Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) on injured reserve September 21st, 2021
- Keenan Allen records 108 yards in Chargers loss September 20th, 2021
- Chargers' Larry Rountree first in line behind Austin Ekeler September 13th, 2021
- Austin Ekeler (hamstring) active for Chargers in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Rapoport: Austin Ekeler (hamstring) will be a "full go" for Chargers in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Rapoport: Austin Ekeler (hamstring) expected to play for Chargers in Week 1 September 10th, 2021
- Chargers list Austin Ekeler (hamstring) as questionable for Week 1's matchup against Washington September 10th, 2021