Tom Brady's Week 16 likely over as Bucs lead 33-0 at halftime
Blaine Gabbert started the second half of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Week 16 demolition of the Detroit Lions.
Tom Brady was masterful in the first half of the Bucs' Week 16 game against the Lions, completing 22 of 27 passes for 348 passing yards and 4 scores. The Bucs have been making the Matthew Stafford-less Lions look like a junior varsity team in Week 16, and opted to go with Blaine Gabbert in the second half.
The Bucs barely missed a beat after switching to Gabbert, who almost immediately hit tight end Rob Gronkowski for a touchdown in the third quarter. With Brady's day almost definitely over, expect Gabbert to finish out the day for the Bucs.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Ronald Jones named Buccaneers starter versus Falcons September 14th, 2021
- Ronald Jones 'struggled mentally' in Buccaneers win September 10th, 2021
- Gio Bernard (ankle) officially active for Buccaneers Week 1 September 9th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (quad) available for Week 1 clash with Cowboys September 8th, 2021
- Chris Godwin (quad) limited for Buccaneers Tuesday September 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Giovani Bernard (ankle) "full speed" at Sunday practice September 5th, 2021