Brian Flores announced that Tua Tagovailoa will start for Dolphins in Week 17
Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores told reporters that rookie Tua Tagovailoa will remain the starting quarterback for the team's Week 17 game against the Buffalo Bills.
Tua had difficulty moving the ball in Week 16 against the Las Vegas Raiders, one of the weakest pass defenses in the league, eventually leading to the team's decision to pull him from the game and replace him with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitz promptly proceeded to lead the team to a victory, nearly doubling Tua's passing yardage total in under a quarter of play. If the Dolphins were truly planning on making a playoff push, Fitzpatrick gives them the best chance of doing that.
Tua has struggled as a passer so far in his rookie season, which has been more plainly visible by his teammate's ability to succeed in the exact same situation. The team appears to be willing to continue to let Tua develop and adjust to the NFL, but at 10-5 and with real playoff aspirations for the first time since 2008, they may have to move back to Fitzpatrick before too long.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Dolphins' Jakeem Grant (hamstring) out for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- DeVante Parker (hamstring) active for Dolphins in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Miami's Jakeem Grant (hamstring) questionable in Week 17 January 1st, 2021