Jaguars not yet certain on Week 17 starter at quarterback
The Jacksonville Jaguars have not yet made a decision on the team's Week 17 starter at quarterback, head coach Doug Marrone told media on Monday.
Mike Glennon has been the guy under center for the last few games, but he's been pedestrian at best. Gardner Minshew, on the other hand, has shown flashes of solid play, but the inconsistency has been too much at times. The Jags have already locked in the No. 1 pick - and therefore, Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence - in the 2021 NFL Draft, so whether they win or lose on Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts has no impact on seeding. We'll see which quarterback Marrone decides to throw out there in the season finale.
No matter who has been under center for Jacksonville this season, they've been anemic. Entering Week 16, the team ranked 30th in the NFL in adjusted net expected points per pass play.
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Darin Ruf out of San Francisco's Saturday lineup against Atlanta September 18th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley plays 84% of snaps in Giants loss September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) active for Giants on Thursday Night Football September 16th, 2021