Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale
New York Jets running back Frank Gore will not play in the team's Week 17 game against the New England Patriots.
Gore is dealing with a lung contusion, one which forced him out of the team's upset win over the Cleveland Browns. Given that the veteran rusher is now 37 years old and is a free agent after the year, that very well could have been the last game of his career. The Jets will now turn to Ty Johnson and La'Mical Perine to handle the backfield workload against the Pats.
In 15 games this season, Gore had 187 carries for 653 yards (3.5 per attempt) and 2 touchdowns. He also added 16 catches for 89 yards in the air attack.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Jets' Tyler Kroft (chest) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 3's game against Denver September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Tevin Coleman (illness) out for Week 3's matchup against Denver September 24th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021