Joe Mixon (foot) will not return for Bengals' finale
Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon (foot) will not return for Week 17 versus the Baltimore Ravens, head coach Zac Taylor confirmed.
Mixon, who hasn't played since Week 6, was never expected to return for the last game of the year. He averaged 94.3 yards from scrimmage per contest and flashed some additional upside with a career-high 4.3 targets per game. Samaje Perine rushed 13 times for 95 yards and 2 touchdowns, and caught 4 passes (4 targets) for 41 yards in the Bengals' Week 16 win over the Houston Texans. Giovani Bernard added 131 yards on 23 touches.
Mixon averaged 14.9 FanDuel points over six games. Perine pumped out 27.6 FanDuel points for the Bengals on Sunday and earned the highest rushing grade (86.2) from Pro Football Focus in Week 16 among all running backs through Sunday's contest. Per
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- Tee Higgins (shoulder) ruled out for Bengals in Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (shoulder) not expected to play Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (shoulder) doubtful for Week 3's clash with Steelers September 24th, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Tee Higgins (shoulder) day-to-day for Bengals September 22nd, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow "focused on Week 1" following return to game action on Sunday August 29th, 2021