Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk (ankle) won't play in Week 17 against the Seattle Seahawks, per head coach Kyle Shanahan.
Aiyuk suffered a high ankle sprain in Saturday's win over the Arizona Cardinals. He had gained at least 73 yards from scrimmage in six straight games before Saturday. The No. 25 pick from this year's draft, Aiyuk enters the final week of the season as the 49ers' leader in targets (96), receptions (60), and yards (748). It's worth mentioning that much of Aiyuk's production came with George Kittle and Deebo Samuel injured, so he may not necessarily see increased usage as a sophomore. The 49ers may turn more to the likes of Kendrick Bourne, Richie James, and River Cracraft in their Week 17 finale.
Aiyuk averaged 12.9 FanDuel points per game this season and he had scored at least 14.5 in six straight before Saturday's injury. The rookie earned the second-best offensive grade (80.1) and second-best receiving grade (80.8) from Pro Football Focus behind Justin Jefferson among all wide receivers in the 2020 draft class.
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- 49ers: Brandon Aiyuk Week 1 usage due to hamstring tweak September 17th, 2021
- Trey Sermon to be active Sunday for 49ers September 17th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert undergoing season-ending knee surgery September 14th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell 'stepped up' for 49ers in backfield quagmire September 13th, 2021
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert (knee) to miss around 8 weeks September 13th, 2021