Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk (ankle) won't play in Week 17 against the Seattle Seahawks, per head coach Kyle Shanahan.
Aiyuk suffered a high ankle sprain in Saturday's win over the Arizona Cardinals. He had gained at least 73 yards from scrimmage in six straight games before Saturday. The No. 25 pick from this year's draft, Aiyuk enters the final week of the season as the 49ers' leader in targets (96), receptions (60), and yards (748). It's worth mentioning that much of Aiyuk's production came with George Kittle and Deebo Samuel injured, so he may not necessarily see increased usage as a sophomore. The 49ers may turn more to the likes of Kendrick Bourne, Richie James, and River Cracraft in their Week 17 finale.
Aiyuk averaged 12.9 FanDuel points per game this season and he had scored at least 14.5 in six straight before Saturday's injury. The rookie earned the second-best offensive grade (80.1) and second-best receiving grade (80.8) from Pro Football Focus behind Justin Jefferson among all wide receivers in the 2020 draft class.
- Packers' Jace Sternberger suspended first two games of 2021 June 10th, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) expected to be ready for Giants' training camp June 10th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021
- Ravens sign Gus Edwards to 2-year extension June 7th, 2021
- DeVante Parker "moving around" in the Dolphins' formation June 7th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020