Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph will start in Week 17 against the Cleveland Browns, head coach Mike Tomlin announced.
Tomlin said Tuesday that he's "not overly concerned" about players maintaining their rhythm entering the postseason, so multiple starters may be rested. If not, Rudolph starting would be a downgrade for Diontae Johnson, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Chase Claypool. Rudolph completed 23-of-44 passes for 221 yards, 1 touchdown, and 4 interceptions versus the Browns last season before being bashed in the head with his own helmet.
The Browns are allowing the seventh-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season. Rudolph recorded an average depth of target of 8.1 yards last season.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (rest) officially ruled out for Week 17's game against Browns January 1st, 2021
- Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns December 29th, 2020