James Robinson (ankle) shut down for Jaguars' finale
Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson (ankle) will be shut down for the final week of the season, head coach Doug Marrone announced.
Robinson will wind up missing the last two games of the season to finish off a brilliant rookie campaign. The undrafted free agent had at least 17 touches in every single game he played and enters the final week of the season with the fourth-most touches (289) in the league and sixth-most yards from scrimmage (1,414). Dare Ogunbowale will likely fill in as the Jaguars' lead back again versus the Indianapolis Colts in Week 17. He rushed 14 times for 71 yards last week and handled 17-of-21 touches in the Jaguars' backfield.
Ogunbowale is adding 0.05 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season, compared to the league average of 0.06 for running backs. He has a salary of $5,600 on FanDuel's Week 17 slate. The Colts have the No. 11 run defense in numberFire's schedule-adjusted rankings and rank No. 12 in terms of FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (shoulder) logs full practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021
- Travis Etienne (foot) questionable to return to Jags' Monday night game August 23rd, 2021