La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17
The New York Jets placed running back La'Mical Perine on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Perine tested positive for the virus and will miss the final game of the season versus the New England Patriots. Frank Gore (lung contusion) also won't play, leaving backfield duties to Ty Johnson and Josh Adams. Johnson rushed 22 times for 104 yards and a touchdown earlier this year in his only game with double-digit carries.
Among the 75 backs with at least 50 carries this season, Perine ranks 63rd in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry. In terms of the Jets' backfield outlook for Week 17, the Patriots have the second-worst schedule-adjusted run defense in the league, according to numberFire's metrics.
- San Francisco's Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) doubtful for Week 3's game against Packers September 24th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) doubtful for Week 3's game against Dolphins September 24th, 2021
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (shoulder) doubtful for Week 3's clash with Steelers September 24th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) listed as questionable on Giants' Week 3 injury report September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson (knee) ruled out for Week 3's game against Bengals September 24th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021