Colts' Anthony Castonzo undergoing season-ending ankle surgery
Indianapolis Colts starting left tackle Anthony Castonzo will have season-ending ankle surgery.
Castonzo will miss Week 17 versus the Jacksonville Jaguars, as well as the postseason if the Colts qualify. The Colts have given up 11 sacks in the 749 snaps Castonzo has played this season, compared to 10 sacks in the 274 snaps the team has played without him. It's a huge loss for Philip Rivers and the Colts' offense.
Castonzo enters Week 17 as Pro Football Focus' No. 20 pass-blocker among all offensive tackles this season. Per numberFire's NFL Heat Map, the Colts have the second-highest implied total (31.75 points) in Week 17.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021