Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle) doesn't practice Wednesday
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford did not practice on Wednesday ahead of the team's Week 17 game against the Minnesota Vikings.
Stafford left the team's loss to Tampa Bay last Saturday due to the ankle injury, leaving Chase Daniel to take over under center. Ever the competitor, Stafford seems determined not to miss a game - he's battled through injuries all season long. He'll have chances throughout the week to convince the training staff he can suit up, so keep an eye on his participation levels over the next few days. If he can't go, Daniel would presumably be in line to start.
Our models currently expect Daniel to start, projecting him for 254.8 passing yards, 1.6 touchdowns, 1.1 interceptions and 15.6 FanDuel points. Minnesota currently ranks 19th in the NFL in adjusted net expected points allowed per pass play.
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Texans place Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) on injured reserve September 21st, 2021
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) questionable to return in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Rams: Darrell Henderson still set for significant role August 26th, 2021
- Rams acquire Sony Michel from Patriots for pair of picks August 25th, 2021