Saints' Latavius Murray (COVID-19) to miss Week 17
New Orleans Saints running back Latavius Murray was deemed a close contact of teammate Alvin Kamara (COVID-19) and will miss the team's Week 17 game against the Carolina Panthers, per FOX NFL's Jay Glazer.
Kamara tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday, and contact tracing following his positive test has determined that each of the Saints' rostered running backs was a close contact of the superstar's. That means that Murray (as well as Dwayne Washington) will miss Sunday's game against the Panthers.
Per Glazer's report, the Saints will move Ty Montgomery back to the running back position and will promote a practice squad running back ahead of the game. Montgomery has experience at both running back and wide receiver in his 6-year career and could be in line for a big workload tomorrow.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Saints re-sign Jameis Winston to one-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021