Philip Rivers, Colts advance to playoffs versus Bills
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Philip Rivers completed 17-of-27 attempts 164 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception in a 28-14, Week 17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The yards set a season-low while Rivers attempted his fewest passes since Week 3 and completed his lowest total since the fourth game. He didn't need to do much with rookie Jonathan Taylor exploding for a career-high 253 rushing yards. However, Rivers and the Colts may need to rely more on their passing game next Saturday in their Wild Card matchup against the Buffalo Bills.
Rivers raised his touchdown percentage from 3.9 to 4.4 in his first stint with the Colts and lowered last year's interception rate from 3.4 to 2.0 percent. numberFire's models project Rivers for 15.1 FanDuel points in the Wild Card round and he has a salary of $6,900 on Saturday's slate. The Bills ranked 16th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the quarterback position during the regular season and 14th against the pass in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted defensive rankings.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021