Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Josh Dobbs could be active for Sunday's Wild Card game against the Cleveland Browns.
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin says he and the Steelers offensive staff "openly talk about what Josh brings" to the offense. Dobbs made his first appearance of the season in Week 17 and completed 4-of-5 passes for 2 yards while also rushing twice for 20 yards. His involvement could add a creative wrinkle to a Steelers' offense that appeared to lose a step over the final month of the season. However, it lowers Ben Roethlisberger's ceiling and could take away goal-line opportunities from James Conner.
Dobbs, a 2017 fourth-round pick, set school records at the University of Tennessee in rushing yards (2,160) and rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (32). The Browns, meanwhile, allowed the fourth-most rushing yards to quarterbacks this season (380). Roethlisberger has a salary of $7,500 on FanDuel's Saturday slate.
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Steelers expecting Najee Harris to be 3-down back July 27th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021