Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery
Washington Football Team running back Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery during the offseason.
Gibson had a nagging toe injury that bothered him during the back half of the season, but the exciting rookie told reporters today that he would not need offseason surgery to fix the problem. He also commented that he would like to slim down during the offseason to work on his explosiveness for next year.
Despite barely playing running back in college, Gibson had one of the most impressive rookie seasons in this year's running back class. While the Football Team leaned more heavily on J.D. McKissic in the passing game than expected, Gibson still finished his rookie campaign with 206 touches for 1,042 scrimmage yards and 11 total touchdowns.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) placed on active/PUP list July 27th, 2021
- J.D. McKissic bulking up for more work in Washington backfield July 19th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) not participating in minicamp June 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021