Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad) uncertain for NFC Divisional Round
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Ronald Jones is considered uncertain for Sunday's NFC Divisional Round game against the New Orleans Saints.
It came as a big surprise when Jones - the team's starting rusher - didn't play a snap in the Wild Card Round win over the Washington Football Team. It was announced during the game that he was dealing with a quad injury, and head coach Bruce Arians clarified Monday that the 23-year-old had been battling the issue during the practice week. Without Jones in the fold, Leonard Fournette dominated the backfield touches, getting 19 carries for 93 yards and a touchdown - he also had 4 catches on 4 targets for 39 yards. Rookie Ke'Shawn Vaughn was the only other running back to touch the ball, carrying 5 times for 21 yards. That will probably be the approximate touch distribution should Jones miss Sunday's tilt, so keep an eye on his participation levels as the week progresses.
The Saints currently rank 8th in the NFL - 4th among remaining playoff teams - in adjusted net expected points allowed per run play.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard (Achilles) not practicing to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Chris Godwin, Buccaneers unlikely to reach long-term deal July 15th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021