Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach
The Jacksonville Jaguars have named Urban Meyer as the next head coach for the franchise.
This has been long speculated, as the Jaguars want a veteran hand to guide the team into his next era. That seems to be a driving force behind this move, and it also brings the former University of Florida coach back to the state. He'll have his pick of the bunch at quarterback, as the Jags have the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft - which will likely be Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence.
The Jaguars were the worst team in football in 2020, finishing with a 1-15 record including losing 15 straight.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (shoulder) logs full practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021
- Travis Etienne (foot) questionable to return to Jags' Monday night game August 23rd, 2021