Antonio Brown (knee) ruled out for Buccaneers in NFC Championship
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown (knee) will not play in the NFC Championship Game against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, head coach Bruce Arians announced.
Arians said Thursday that Brown would be a game-time decision but that apparently won't be the case. Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson are both expected to take on larger roles with Brown on the sidelines. Johnson out-snapped Miller 15-8 last week but Miller had a 2-1 edge in targets. Since the Buccaneers' bye, Miller has out-targeted Johnson 13-4.
Brown has commanded an 18.23 percent target share, the third-highest on the team, since making his Buccaneers debut in Week 9. Johnson is adding 0.93 Reception Net Expected Points per target for the entire season, compared to 0.74 from Miller. The Packers allowed the sixth-fewest FanDuel points per game to the wide receiver position during the regular season and their pass defense ranks 13th in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted metrics.
- Jaguars' Zay Jones (ankle) questionable for Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Broncos' Melvin Gordon (neck) available for Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson (foot) available for Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (knee) questionable for Patriots' Week 4 matchup versus Packers September 30th, 2022
- Hunter Renfrow (concussion) remains out for Raiders in Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (ankle/shoulder) ruled out in Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Julio Jones (knee) game-time decision for Buccaneers in Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Chris Godwin (hamstring) game-time decision for Week 4's matchup versus Kansas City September 30th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (hamstring, rest) DNP on Thursday September 29th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (hamstring) back at practice on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Bucs' Julio Jones (knee) inactive in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Bucs' Breshad Perriman (knee) expected to play in Week 3 September 25th, 2022