Antonio Brown (knee) ruled out for Buccaneers in NFC Championship
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown (knee) will not play in the NFC Championship Game against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, head coach Bruce Arians announced.
Arians said Thursday that Brown would be a game-time decision but that apparently won't be the case. Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson are both expected to take on larger roles with Brown on the sidelines. Johnson out-snapped Miller 15-8 last week but Miller had a 2-1 edge in targets. Since the Buccaneers' bye, Miller has out-targeted Johnson 13-4.
Brown has commanded an 18.23 percent target share, the third-highest on the team, since making his Buccaneers debut in Week 9. Johnson is adding 0.93 Reception Net Expected Points per target for the entire season, compared to 0.74 from Miller. The Packers allowed the sixth-fewest FanDuel points per game to the wide receiver position during the regular season and their pass defense ranks 13th in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted metrics.
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) opens training camp on Giants' PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles July 21st, 2021
- Schefter: Aaron Rodgers turned down extension offer from Packers July 20th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Chris Godwin, Buccaneers unlikely to reach long-term deal July 15th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021