Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV
According to Ian Rapoport, the Detroit Lions are expected to trade quarterback Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV.
Detroit's head coach Dan Campbell reportedly told the media "trade talks for Stafford have gotten hot and heavy" after the Lions mutually agreed to move on from their veteran quarterback. Utilizing Pro Football Focus' offensive ratings in 583 passing snaps this season, Stafford was a productive player despite multiple injuries and a short-handed receiving group, finishing as PFF's 14th ranked quarterback with a 85.2 mark
On 528 pass attempts, the 32-year old accounted for 339 completions for 4,084 yards, 26 touchdowns, and 215 first downs.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV January 30th, 2021
- Lions "to begin discussing trade options" for Matthew Stafford January 24th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) expected to play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021