Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff
The Detroit Lions will trade quarterback Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams and will received two future first-round picks, a future third-round pick, and quarterback Jared Goff in return.
In one of the biggest trades we've seen in the NFL in recent memory, the Lions will move on from their starter of the past decade while acquiring a younger quarterback from the Rams and valuable, high draft picks to help with their franchise's rebuild.
Stafford gets an immediate upgrade to his offensive surroundings in Los Angeles, with Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods at wide receiver, and potentially two pass-catching tight ends in Gerald Everett and Tyler Higbee. No longer beholden to an outdated, run-first offensive scheme, Stafford could be in for a career year under head coach Sean McVay.
- Browns place Jarvis Landry (knee) on IR September 21st, 2021
- T.J. Hockenson leads Lions, scores again September 21st, 2021
- Lions' Amon-Ra St. Brown records 18 yards September 21st, 2021
- Packers' Robert Tonyan scores first touchdown September 21st, 2021
- Lions' Quintez Cephus scores early in loss September 21st, 2021
- Green Bay uses A.J. Dillon sparingly in win September 21st, 2021
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) questionable to return in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Rams: Darrell Henderson still set for significant role August 26th, 2021
- Rams acquire Sony Michel from Patriots for pair of picks August 25th, 2021